9 November 2009

ILP Day- rough cut completion

The ILP day proved a great opportunity to complete my entire rough cut. I arranged for all my actors/actresses to come to school- thankfully they were all available at some point during the day- I managed to complete all of the filming I needed to get done.

Having to re-shoot in the school hall meant I needed to change the settings on the camera to ensure a good quality shoot, I found the correct setting for the lighting in the hall and the outcome was a high quality shot. There was no problem with filming and due to it being an ILP there was a dance workshop which I was able to film and perhaps use some if this footage within the trailer. However due to most of the school space being taken up by classes I was unable to shoot within the drama studios and only had the hall available to me for a limited amount of time. Nevertheless I was still able to complete all of the shots that I needed to get done.

During lunch time I rounded up a group of friends which I then filmed in one of the classrooms, I was lucky to be able to get a number of people at once as this was one of the shots I was dreading to film due to the direction of a large number of people, however I managed to get the desired shot I wanted concluding my filming for the day.

Into the editing suite with all my new footage, choosing appropriate shots and editing the footage into my anamatic in order to have a clear idea in my head the order of each shot. Thankfully I already had most of the sounds/music needed for my trailer which shortened the process when completing my rough cut. Obviously when producing my final piece I will need to improve the quality of the sounds, especially the voiceover, which I have decided to use Mr Smith, one of the drama teachers in school, provided he consents.