4 November 2009

Filming commences

The start of filming- last week I started to shoot a range of shots, luckily enough with the new HD panasonic cameras. 

During half term I came into school with the only available actress, which proved hindering as I was only able to shoot a limited amount of shots. Nevertheless it was a start- the advantage of using the school during half term meant that every location I needed to film in was available and empty, speeding up the process. 

However I was dissatisfied with the quality of the shots- the lighting available in school was atrocious, I was hoping that once I had uploaded the footage it would be of a higher quality, an evidently wrong assumption.

Once I had uploaded the footage the quality was below acceptable and therefore made it imperative for me to shoot again.

Back to school and finding the time that was perfect for everyone continued to be difficult. Time for me to go out and shoot my second actor (I adopted the process whereby I focused on the actor/actress separately and shot any shots which was solely themselves, later I would focus on the group shots. It was easier this way as it didn't waste time and also proved easier for one person to be available rather than a group all at the same time.) 

The second time out filming presented me with the same problem LIGHTING, moreover in the hall, which consequently lead me to poor quality footage, I decided to shoot outside, the natural lighting meant that the quality of the shots were pristine.

Back into the editing suite, with more poor quality footage- confused as to how I was going to overcome this problem one of my peers suggested I play around with the camera settings (why had I not thought of this before?!) 

With the footage I had- that was worthy, I uploaded it into iMovie at first on one of the apple laptops where iMovie kept crashing unexpectedly which meant I had to use one of the comptuers instead, which thankfully worked, this footage I then imported it into premier. I started to play around with the shots, using my anamatic as a guide as to whereabouts each shot needed to be placed. I endeavored to complete the rest of my filming during the ILP day and then hopefully also complete my rough cut in time for the deadline.