12 October 2009

Anamatic- Second attempt




After having received feedback on how to further improve my anamatic it became apparent that as I suspected I need to go back and change certain aspects of sound and perform closer more precise editing.

Another key code which I am lacking from my trailer is the use of a voiceover, a classic within trailers in which they help to lead the trailer and aid the narrative as well as putting across important information.

During my work experience at KISS100 radio station I helped to produce and direct an advert to be broadcast on air. I was required to contact a voiceover agency and book somebody to record for advert, this gave me an insight into how voiceovers are used in the industry and how they are then edited, sound levels mixed and additional sounds added in order to create a more impactful advert.

A particular process which I found interesting was the de-breathing of the voiceover which helped to cut down the time massively which is essential in radio advertisement and could also be applied to my trailer as I am dealing with a short amount of time in which a large amount of information needs to be put across to the audience, ultimately to entice them to watch the film.