17 March 2010

Steps before completion

Before submitting my final task I wanted to add some finishing touches in order to finish with the best possible quality. After having seen some work from students doing PVA I noticed the use of a cinematic effect on some of the shots. I wanted to adapt this style into my own work in order to follow the conventions of a Hollywood style film aimed for an audience of children and young adults. By searching on youtube I was able to find some tutorials on how to create the specific effect. I was pleased with the final finish- however some of the poorer quality shots once changed didn’t look as professional as others.

I took on the advice given from my teacher in the need to quicken the pace. This was achieved through carefully establishing where the major beats are and then cutting the shots to the beat of the soundtrack to give an up-tempo feel.

Overall, I am satisfied with the finished product, however given the chance I may have chosen a different genre to focus with as for me, I feel the trailer lacks a solid narrative.