9 March 2010

Production Stage-Main Task- 07/03/10

With regards to the main task, the deadline is looming and finally I can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Main struggles have included finding a soundtrack appropriate for the genre, one that peaks and troughs in the right places and creates depth to the trailer.
Good sources of copyright free music are not exactly the easiest thing to locate- especially for the genre of my trailer. Just as I was giving up all hope, after having trawled through freeplaymusic.com searching myspace.com for unsigned hip hop/r&b music, asking teachers within the music department and even resorting to garageband I managed to find a track from freeplaymusic.com that I had downloaded a couple of months back. Thankfully it did everything I wanted it to- I just hope it goes down well with my teacher.

In addition I have recorded a voiceover to accompany the titles within the trailer, with the idea in mind to subvert conventions I recorded a voiceover with a scottish accent. I also recorded the traditional american hollywood voiceover, I am yet to hear back from teacher as to which one I should use.

Lastly, I believe a range of shots have been covered and therefore filming is now no longer necessary and has come to a close. On this journey through the creating stages I have become more accustomed to programmes such as premier and I am particularly pleased with my improvement with the use of photoshop.