16 June 2009

Brief Decisions

Deciding from a vast choice of briefs proved more difficult than anticipated.
It was important to choose a brief which allowed me to both show off my current expertise but also develop and learn new skills.

At current I am trying to decide between two; teaser trailer or advertisement promotion package. My present skills lie within the teaser trailer option due to previous filming required for AS media studies and certain aspects of editing using premier pro. However I'am particularly drawn to the advertisement package because of the radio advertisement, broadcasting is what I'am looking to do at university and by practicing the creation of one I will already be one step ahead.

After thinking long and hard I came to the decision that the teaser trailer brief would enable me to not only use skills already learnt but to aquire new ones also, it will also pose me challenges in that I will have to learn the use of other programmes such as 'flash' and 'after effects' in order for the trailer to comply to typical codes and conventions, for example, voice over narration which cam be included within after effects.

Additionally, at present I hold limited knowledge into the codes and conventions of trailers as it is something I have never studied before, therefore during research stages I can broaden my knowledge within a different media form.